For parents who want to teach an accurate history regarding Islam rather than the sanitized version given in public schools, here is an outline for a recommended curriculum. All the information you need regarding these subjects can be found easily via the internet, bookstores, your local library, and I can provide recommendations for you if needed.
This outline came by way of Steve, who posted it on the Creeping Sharia blog. Thanks Steve.
For those who are inclined to take my suggestion, here is the course outline I developed for my own study purposes. There are 20 lessons in the course.
1. The Pre-Islamic World of Arabia: “Jahiliyya”
2. Muhammad: His life, Deeds and Character
3. The Four “Rightly Guided” Caliphs: Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and Ali
4. The Sects of Islam and Schools of Jurisprudence
5. The Five Pillars of Islam and Other Beliefs
6. The Quran: Islam’s Holy Book
7. The Lunar calendar
8. festival Days and Observances
9. The Hadiths, the Sira of Muhammad, and Shariah Law
10. Treatment of Women: Polygamy, the Veil, “Honour Killing”, Wife Beating, and Female Genital Mutilation
11. Jews and Christians: “People of the Book”
12. The “Golden Age” of Islam: Myth or Reality?
13. Dhimmitude: The “Protected” Unbelievers
14. Slavery in Islam: The Hidden and Untold Story of the Slave Trade
15. The Crusades: Christian and Islamic Civilizations Clash
16. Jihad: The “Greater” and the “Lesser”
17. The Quran: Islamic History and Science Versus Authentic History and Modern Science
18. Glossary of Terms
19. Resource Material: Books and DVDs
20. Classroom Assignment
I feel this outline would be great in a college classroom setting, but it can be adjusted to fit any grade level. Use it and learn; there is no copyright on this outline.